Friday, August 18, 2006

today i sit behind my desk

* i have been working on little projects here and there, and not getting much done. listening to my ipod (just added fleetwood mac's rumours which i forget how much i love until i hear it) and having people drop by my office to offer bits of their life, before running off.

* break: this is great.

* i think the crazy fishbowl in the movie finding nemo is like the office. people cooped up together, working towards something - with all their little crazies hanging out, waiting to pop out at any time. my particular office also echoes the uss enterprise, complete with picard, number 1, wharf, geordi and deanna troi, as well as a hapless ensign who serves as the whipping boy (not me, thankfully) (and actually there are a few of them).

* i was thinking a little bit about the music we listen to and what touches us at different times, the soundtrack of our lives so deeply entwined with who we were at particular times. i can't for the life of me listen to any of the music i used to listen to in college - tori amos especially. i listened to fun music for the most part in high school, like the beatles, the police, nirvana, pearl jam, violent femmes, while my friends listened to that depressing shite like the smiths, morrissey, and britpop ("white people suicide music", as benjamin says). i was listening to a mazzy star album today, which was another favorite with the kids at school. i think i would have shot myself if i'd listened to that as a teenager.

enough babbles for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Monique Delatte Starkey said...

mazzy star was good for the teenage set! i liked to swing at the park and listen to it on my walkman!

August 18, 2006 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home